Who raises cats? Always monitor your own symptoms. If you have these symptoms It can be assumed that we are allergic to cat fur.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hiroshi Chantaphakul, resident physician in the Internal Medicine Department Chulalongkorn Hospital, Thai Red Cross Society, states that cats are one of the most popular pets in Thailand. But it has been found that according to statistics, up to 10-15% of Thai people are allergic to cat fur.
Cat fur allergy It is a symptom that may have occurred since childhood. Or they may just have allergies when they were growing up, any time, just like food allergies, air allergies, and other allergies.
Warning symptoms of cat fur allergy
- Itching or swelling of the tissue around the eyes or nose
- Eye inflammation
- A rash appears on the face, neck, or upper chest.
- Stuffy nose, runny nose
- Sneezing, throat irritation
- Sometimes breathing abnormally
However, symptoms may vary from person to person. It depends on the severity of the allergic reaction.
Group at risk for allergic reactions to cat fur
Asthma patients It’s a group that you have to watch out for. and avoid touching cats Due to exposure to allergens from cat fur May cause acute relapse of scabies. or may develop chronic asthma
How to prevent cat hair allergies
Prof. Dr. Orapan Pochanukul, pediatrician, expert in allergies and immunology. Specify how to prevent and avoid allergic reactions to cat fur Including other pets in the home as follows
- raised by cats or other pets Outside the house If it can’t be done You should sleep in separate rooms with other people. Do not let them sleep in the same bedroom.
- Bathe your cat or other pets. At least once a week
- Do not hug, kiss, or kiss pets too closely. But if you do, after finishing, quickly wash your hands, face, or shower after every contact.
- Use an air purifier with a HEPA filter inside the house or in rooms where pets are. To reduce the amount of animal allergens floating in the air.
How to treat cat fur allergy
Cat fur allergy or other pets Doctors may consider treatment with antihistamines, nasal sprays, and oral sprays to prevent relapses.
But if you want to continue raising animals Your doctor may consider immunotherapy. or allergy vaccines By injecting cat or dog allergens into the ยูฟ่าเบท body gradually. To have immunity to allergic substances This may lead to complete recovery from pet hair allergies.